Payroll Processing Guidelines for New Faculty
New faculty/staff must complete and submit all of the following forms and supporting documents prior to the first day of employment.
STEP I – Complete the Faculty/Staff Pre-Hire and I-9 form. Once we receive your Faculty/Staff Pre-Hire and I-9 form, a contract will be generated and emailed to you for your electronic signature. You will also receive an automated email with your campus ID and directions for creating an email account and accessing Blackboard.
- Faculty/Staff Pre-Hire Form – Sent by email from the Division of Professional Studies Human Resources
- I-9 Form – Sent by email from the Division of Professional Studies Human Resources
- Substance Abuse Signature Sheet – Sent by email from the Division of Professional Studies Human Resources
STEP II – Complete the remainder of the HR documents below, and then, please email email@example.com (Main Baltimore Campus) or Ms. Caitlin Scheidegger at firstname.lastname@example.org (USG Campus) to request an appointment time to turn in the completed documents. Our regular business hours are (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). After business hours appointments can be arranged as needed. Employment at any UMBC, on or off-campus location will not be allowed until all of the required HR documents are completed and employment verification occurs IN PERSON.
Failure to provide these documents in a timely manner may result in payroll processing delays.
- Federal W-4 (2021) Complete in BLACK INK, Sign and Date (NOTE: If the W-4 form is not completed in black ink, it will be returned.)
Federal W-4 Form Instructions
- Payroll System – UM
- Agency Number – 360231
- Employing Agency – UMBC
AND (depending on state residency)
- Substance Abuse Acknowledgement Policy – Read the policy.
- Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA) – Read the policy.
- Direct Deposit Form – Have your payment directly deposited into your bank account.
For International Employees:
You will receive a link to the Glacier system.
Other forms may be needed in order to process your payroll and HR Paperwork. For more information please visit UMBC’s Office of Human Resources at umbc.edu/hr or contact the Division of Professional Studies Payroll office at email@example.com.